--Mmorpgs--

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: --Mmorpgs--

Post by Chiang the Strong on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:07 am

Somehow I missed the posts. Ye Nameless Ive played more mmorpgs then I can count. It was and still is my fav genre. And Arctic, was wondering what makes the combat cool and indeed it must be the animations and sounds. As long as theyre decent then it doesnt matter if its action based or similar to turn based like WoW and swtor :>. Or like if youre swinging a sword u want the animation and sounds to be kinda heavy and equivalent. Check out ArcheAges bow gameplay and this is something that is the opposite and thus feels very boring

_________________
avatar
Chiang the Strong
Consul
Consul

Posts : 1233
Karma : 19
Join date : 2016-05-19
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Mmorpgs--

Post by ArcticFox on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 am

Played Archeage but what makes the combat cool would be the players tactical input where if i used an interrupt on a minor move(cool animation and sounds) and the boss pulls out a major power/op shit most bosses have then i have fucked up and it punishes you for it.

Also it's star wars whats not to love

sidenote - you get a new ability every 1 to 2 levels sometimes 2 or 3 new abilites so you have a very large tool kit to play with
avatar
ArcticFox
Quaestor
Quaestor

Posts : 321
Karma : 7
Join date : 2016-06-15
Age : 20
Location : Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Mmorpgs--

Post by Chiang the Strong on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:15 am

ArcticFox wrote:Played Archeage but what makes the combat cool would be the players tactical input where if i used an interrupt on a minor move(cool animation and sounds) and the boss pulls out a major power/op shit most bosses have then i have fucked up and it punishes you for it.

Also it's star wars whats not to love

sidenote - you get a new ability every 1 to 2 levels sometimes 2 or 3 new abilites so you have a very large tool kit to play with
wouldnt necessarily say u need lots of skills for it to be fun. Lets take GW2 for an instance. Your skill kit is very limited and I found the combat one of the most fun in games

_________________
avatar
Chiang the Strong
Consul
Consul

Posts : 1233
Karma : 19
Join date : 2016-05-19
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Mmorpgs--

Post by ArcticFox on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:18 am

didn say you need lots ether just saying you have that variety to use so unpredictability is there
avatar
ArcticFox
Quaestor
Quaestor

Posts : 321
Karma : 7
Join date : 2016-06-15
Age : 20
Location : Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Mmorpgs--

Post by Chiang the Strong on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:21 am

ArcticFox wrote:didn say you need lots ether just saying you have that variety to use so unpredictability is there
How did u like ArcheAge btw? I might come back to it as FFXIV got me bored and Im craving for something more open. Ill probably subscribe too

_________________
avatar
Chiang the Strong
Consul
Consul

Posts : 1233
Karma : 19
Join date : 2016-05-19
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Mmorpgs--

Post by ArcticFox on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:34 am

was a good mmo but could never stick into without a srs sub which i didn have much money at the time soooooooo yeah Very Happy

avatar
ArcticFox
Quaestor
Quaestor

Posts : 321
Karma : 7
Join date : 2016-06-15
Age : 20
Location : Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Mmorpgs--

Post by Chiang the Strong on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:57 am

ArcticFox wrote:was a good mmo but could never stick into without a srs sub which i didn have much money at the time soooooooo yeah Very Happy

Aye I know what u mean. Doing 1000 trade runs and then waiting for ur labour points to regen isnt very appealing, thats why I want to sub :>

_________________
avatar
Chiang the Strong
Consul
Consul

Posts : 1233
Karma : 19
Join date : 2016-05-19
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Mmorpgs--

Post by ArcticFox on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:18 am

Very Happy
avatar
ArcticFox
Quaestor
Quaestor

Posts : 321
Karma : 7
Join date : 2016-06-15
Age : 20
Location : Scotland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Mmorpgs--

Post by SLAP on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:08 am

the only mmo i played was in ja+ haha, what a memories xd
avatar
SLAP
Quaestor
Quaestor

Posts : 613
Karma : 8
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 22
Location : Budapest, Hungary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Mmorpgs--

Post by Nameless on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:30 pm

SLAP wrote:the only mmo i played was in ja+ haha, what a memories xd

yeah m8 we loyal bounce

_________________
{DN} Nameless|C
avatar
Nameless
Consul
Consul

Posts : 1089
Karma : 15
Join date : 2016-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: --Mmorpgs--

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum