Problems with racist/abusive players

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with racist/abusive players

Post by ShinobixFTW on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:32 pm

Ok I'm gonna be blunt about this so listen up.
Does this clan supports/except racist or Abusive players? Cause I was on The DN server today while bunch of members from our clan were also playing, while we were on Deathstar a bunch of non clan members starting saying things like "niggers should hang from trees" I then asked afterword's if verbally abusive or racist people can be kicked from the server and I was told by another clan member "not really".

So what I wanna know is weather or not this clan supports/except racist or Abusive players?
ShinobixFTW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with racist/abusive players

Post by Liniyka on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:37 pm

Ya, it was me who told you that. You see, we can't just kick everybody just because they say something mildly offensive. If we did that, then a lot of ppl would just stop coming to our serv.

The solution is extremely simple - use /ignore command on such players, and you won't see their messages.
Liniyka
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:38 pm

ys rcist twrds jew adn nigr but not jopan

https://youtu.be/NFACFmeyqJw?t=10
Falcon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:42 pm

But on a serious note, in my time of playing MBII in the past, honestly 80% of the community is made from racist players, if you were to kick all the people saying the N-word or talking of how great of a guy was Adolf Hitler, you would be left with fucking nobody on the server, really.
Falcon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SLAP on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:04 pm

they are not racist, they are looking for attention so they say things which are very inappropiate.
if u give a shit they will stop, but if u kick only 1 of them, they will come back and do this forever
SLAP
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiang the Strong on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:45 pm

Yeah, basically what Liniyka and Slap said. If we were to kick/ban such people, then we would lose half of the population and would become hated, not sure if you want such an outcome. If a person continuously harrasses someone, then there's a reason to mute him, but that's it. Basically don't feed the trolls, because it won't make them stop anyways :>. MB2 community is 1/2 of trolls and dumbasses, I believe it's gotten better now, but that's just how it is mate.

Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinobixFTW on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:57 pm

Ok firstly how is saying " "niggers should hang from trees" mildly offensive 2ndly people who just choose to Ignore the problem doesn't change the problem and in my opinion are just as bad those people who are being verbally abusive/racist or sexist regardless if it 20% or 80% of the community. And here why,

Ignorance is never the right Answer because someone who hasn't ignored them or is new the to the clan can feel like this clan/admin, supports/except racist or Abusive players on our server keep in mind new players most likely wont know how to mute people.

However the reason I'm pissed about this is cause the thoses same people then called me a Nigga on our own server and the admin did nothing and in my book that is not acceptable admin seeing our own people being abused on our own server and thinking oh I'll just ignore them and it will be fine. Way back when what I was taught when I was younger is that if a member of you clan or community is bullied racially or sexually, other members should support them.

Lastly one of the main reason I left my previous clan was because of this kind of abuse so Really hope this clan isn't the same or worse when it comes to dealing with people like that.

Quote of the Day!
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Last edited by ShinobixFTW on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
ShinobixFTW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:16 pm

mate we're playing a game, this is society's problem, you really think if we ban these people they will stop? We have absolutely no right to ban them based on what they say, that is the fundamental tenet of free speech. I agree their comments are basically racist but this is internet, you just have to ignore these trolls. I will never advocate banning someone for saying something insulting whether it be racist, ageist, sexist whatever.

Consul
Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiang the Strong on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Look, if a person is being targeted, then there is a point for the abuser to be muted, but if no one specific is targeted, then there is no reason. Don't know man, maybe you're new to the internet but such people write stuff like that specifically to trigger people like you. You may not like our approach to this, but that's how it is.

If any of the admins didn't mute someone while someone else was being targeted, then you're free to tell us who didn't follow these guidelines and we'll go over it with the person. Also real life rules don't realy apply to the internet. On the internet, ignorance actualy is the answer in many situations.

Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinobixFTW on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:22 pm

Look at the end of the day where I come if someone is bullying your friends you stick up for them and don't ignore the problem if we can't agree on that, then I'll find somewhere else to go.

And for the record AOD doesn't except people like that and their servers are nearly always full lastly free speech is fine but your saying things for simple reasons to intimidated, threaten, abuse and disrupt other players from enjoying the game then there is a srs problem, I shouldn't have to mute someone when they are abusive cause that sort of attitude will always encourage others to do the same.

Last edited by ShinobixFTW on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
ShinobixFTW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:23 pm

ok i ws in gaem 3 misn ago adn i swo guy naem imperor palpaetin say he reip sistr lol 10/10 wld rq agian
Falcon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:33 pm

AOD have a bad rep for exactly that reason. Who are we to decide what is flaming and what is not? The words of these trolls literally mean nothing, just /ignore them or turn off chat, they wish to provoke a response, that is all. "Verbal abuse" is extremely subjective and it is not our job to educate the mb2 community of what is good and what is bad. If a DN member said such things, then of course I would talk with him/her, but the behaviour of someone outside the clan is not my problem unless it is affecting gameplay on the server dramatically. That is the official clan's stance on it, and if you don't agree then by all means it is your prerogative to leave, but as I said this is society's problem not ours.

Consul
Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiang the Strong on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:36 pm

Nameless wrote:AOD have a bad rep for exactly that reason. Who are we to decide what is flaming and what is not? The words of these trolls literally mean nothing, just /ignore them or turn off chat, they wish to provoke a response, that is all. "Verbal abuse" is extremely subjective and it is not our job to educate the mb2 community of what is good and what is bad. If a DN member said such things, then of course I would talk with him/her, but the behaviour of someone outside the clan is not my problem unless it is affecting gameplay on the server dramatically. That is the official clan's stance on it, and if you don't agree then by all means it is your prerogative to leave, but as I said this is society's problem not ours.
I second that.

Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinobixFTW on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:39 pm

If you choosing to do nothing while members of clan are being bullied on your own server then technically your worse than AOD or any other clan for that matter, in my opinion that is and I will most certainly take my leave thank you for the time here its be educational.
ShinobixFTW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:48 pm

I don't see anyone else complaining tbh - since you seem to enjoy quoting people though, here's one from Eleanor Roosevelt: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." There will always be shitty people around but their words are wind, they mean nothing unless you let them. Anyway good luck to you, no hard feelings. bounce

Consul
Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vizino on Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:15 pm

ShinobixFTW wrote:If you choosing to do nothing while members of clan are being bullied on your own server then technically your worse than AOD or any other clan for that matter, in my opinion that is and I will most certainly take my leave thank you for the time here its be educational.
Shinobi, i've been a member for little under a month here the racism you see here and other verbal conflicts is sadly not going away i feel the same as you do about it being an issue i used to deliver reports every few days in same cases to Nameless/Chiang on different server issues and no one in the clan is being bullied no one takes offense to these things because everyone knows that these people are just attention whores looking to kill the game vibe as long as you ignore them. they will stop they will have no power in their rules, internet rule 14. Do not argue with trolls it means that they win.
internet rule  15. The harder you try, the harder you will fail.  internet rule 19. The more you hate it, the stronger it gets
don't feed into their dumbassness when an admin is on the only time they will really mute someone for harsh language is if people begin to leave or cause other people to break rules as well (tk,hardcore trolling etc.) but if you can convince everyone o ignore the person and just "PTFO" (Play the fucken Objective) you will be fine i have meant many trolls who try this dumb shit, once everyone ignores them they won't even type in chat afterword and don't take this as we don't care what happens on our servers we just want the populate servers, because we are a newish clan now simply we want to let our community grow. in a nut shell we do not support any form of racism etc. but people are free to express their option on these subjects as long as they don't make the server mad and full of a lot of trollers breaking more in portent rules Very Happy
Vizino
Aedile
Aedile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volleybalm on Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:26 pm

I see more dark humor than actual racism in MBII.

Also Hitler is a great anime reviewer.
volleybalm
Aedile
Aedile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiang the Strong on Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Well, me and Nameless have already expressed our standing on this one. If that's the way you feel and you want to leave because of it, then nothing can be done. We are not going to change our policy just because one person has a problem with it. A clan is not based on an individual's opinion, but opinion of many others, a reflection of this is i.e. in application vote topics where everyone can express their opinion on a certain a applicant.
I understand where you're coming from, but if you want to play a troll free game then you have chosen the wrong mod. Since you decided to resign, all I can say is fare thee well.

Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Meta on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:05 pm

What about just forcing mute to theses players after multiples warnings?
The Meta
Aedile
Aedile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiang the Strong on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:15 pm

The Meta wrote:What about just forcing mute to theses players after multiples warnings?
That's what we do

Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SLAP on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:17 pm

m8, these are trolls, not KKK members. they just want to irritate u. just ignore them and problem solved. you cant quit rassism m8
SLAP
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:39 pm

he left teh saem way he caem

edgy asf

https://youtu.be/wXcdYBh3hgg?t=52
Falcon

View user profile