5vs5 Event 18/06/2015 Thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

5vs5 Event 18/06/2015 Thoughts?

Post by ArcticFox on Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:59 pm

The event lasted for a good hour but i felt too much time was put into restarts and class selection Very Happy.(might want to call roles before the event in chat or something , maybe steam joint chat) I felt the amount of times the server was reset was way to much and i felt alot of people missed out as it was only 5vs5. I also felt communication was inconsistent and a channel should be used ether steam , curse , team speak or skype ether way one should be selected (or one haven't named giving options sue me Razz) and all members should download it.

Another issue or if you can call it that was people kept leaving which caused a problem as both sides wanted fairness which would have players dropping. This i see no way of really fixing as people were willing but i'm just bringing it up as an annoyance and inconvenience.

Over all i found the event fun and the skill level of our members was nicely compared fighting on that day. A training server would be nice or a gathering for i find more practice would be beneficial for clan members.
ArcticFox
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5vs5 Event 18/06/2015 Thoughts?

Post by Nameless on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:01 pm

hey arctic, nice idea to make this thread. Certainly I agree that the event could be more streamlined, however the restarts only occurred because 1) ppl failed to join their respective team in time for the round start or 2) ppl chose the same class as each other. The rules of a typical 5 v 5 event are stated in the read before applying thread http://www.denovo.tk/t21-read-before-applying (class limit 1, 5 v 5, 5 rounds per side), however from my experience, it takes people a while to get used to this. Clearly voice communication should also be introduced at some point but given half of the people attending our events are randoms, I think we should wait for our numbers to swell somewhat, then we'll introduce organised teams with voice chat, as there's no point of half of a team being on teamspeak and the rest not. However, I make it a point that no one will be forced to get a mic and speak, merely to listen to orders.  bounce

Consul
Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFox on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:10 pm

i agree with people not having to be forced to get a mic but you have to admit the amount of resets was insane Very Happy and yes i also did see the thread and understand the rules but still can't help feeling a bit bad for people who joined and saw it full. Also the 5 vs 5 went out the window a few times in 6vs6 and having to wait a few times for people(me included damn dogs) which can't really be helped making it a 4vs5 or so. With this i feel a few exceptions should be made if more people can be invited as a few DN members weren't there and invites could have been made. not making this an argument i'm just putting it out there as an option Razz. but i also see the problem of class limit which puts this point to a standstill i just feel kinda bad because of the first come first served base conception.

A 1 min stop to invite everyone on steam would not have been tricky as everyone was in the DN steam group who played that day but i guess waiting for more people would be fine before picking a channel for chat communication.
ArcticFox
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:12 pm

I may not be faultless, but the event wasn't that bad. Like Nameless mentioned, the communication in this circle had been always an abrupt trouble(Not everyone owns a headset with microphone, or a mic alone including me.)
wish the dotf part from my side went better, though. :/

On the side note, there is STEAM group chatroom. Why not use it to speak before an event?
Luna
Praetor
Praetor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFox on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:16 pm

side note - what i'm pointing at, would have only taken a few seconds to get everyone in there and a mic was not needed only to listen to suggestions and warning which could have increased efficiency as by the time someone could have typed a message the enemy would have already moved and 0 time to type a warning

and yes the event was fun Razz
ArcticFox
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liniyka on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:27 pm

Yes, voice chat is a must. Maybe we can ask for our own room on official teamspeak server? The event was alright, and I gotta give credit to Nameless for organizing it, but it was a bit messy. There was a lot of confusion, so we should probably discuss the rules beforehand with everyone.

Last edited by Liniyka on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liniyka
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFox on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:33 pm

still find that jeff the killer picture creepy as hell
ArcticFox
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:35 pm

well I invited everyone I could and everyone got to play. Az'u unfortunately came too late as we lost maybe 3-4 people on the second map so we couldn't really continue. As for the 5 v 5 format, it's been in place since forever but I'm not against going up to a 7 v 7 as long as the class limit 1 is maintained(as there are 7 classes on each side). I will always try to get everyone to play(as long as the teams are balanced) but as we only had max. 12 people today, this didn't occur.

As for the idea of assigning classes beforehand, it's a good idea but again organising these events is rather frantic for me as we don't have enough clan members to host a only DN members match, so I'm asking whoever I can, it's hard enough as it is. For example in the events thread in the members section we had 2 people including myself who signed up for definite for the event and we had one 'maybe' sign-up. So that's three people, then we had 1 applicant who replied in his thread saying he could come, so you see I haven't got much to go on atm for these events lol. These things will come with time but certainly we can try organising on steam beforehand, perhaps one of you can step-up and organise a team.bounce bounce

Consul
Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFox on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:45 pm

my bad should have said in the forms i was a definite also bringing this up i will be inactive for a week or so as i will be going on holiday on monday
ArcticFox
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liniyka on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:50 pm

Nameless wrote:well I invited everyone I could and everyone got to play. Az'u unfortunately came too late as we lost maybe 3-4 people on the second map so we couldn't really continue. As for the 5 v 5 format, it's been in place since forever but I'm not against going up to a 7 v 7 as long as the class limit 1 is maintained(as there are 7 classes on each side). I will always try to get everyone to play(as long as the teams are balanced) but as we only had max. 12 people today, this didn't occur.

As for the idea of assigning classes beforehand, it's a good idea but again organising these events is rather frantic for me as we don't have enough clan members to host a only DN members match, so I'm asking whoever I can, it's hard enough as it is. For example in the events thread in the members section we had 2 people including myself who signed up for definite for the event and we had one 'maybe' sign-up. So that's three people, then we had 1 applicant who replied in his thread saying he could come, so you see I haven't got much to go on atm for these events lol. These things will come with time but certainly we can try organising on steam beforehand, perhaps one of you can step-up and organise a team.bounce bounce
Yeah, we should definetly decide on class picks before the event starts in a steam conversation. Invite everyone to the chat and decide who picks who.
Or better yet, how about each clan member picks 1 or 2 classes (both on imps and rebs, so 2-4 in total) and sticks with it for each and every event? That may not be the best idea, but it will speed up the process of our team getting ready.
Liniyka
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:55 pm

that's fine have a good time arctic, but again it was a good idea to make this thread, perhaps it could be a weekly thing after events to have a feedback session in the public area - would definitely help to improve them :> and yeah lini we will definitely try that for the next event if we have enough clan members coming.  bounce

Consul
Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liniyka on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:00 pm

Nameless wrote:that's fine have a good time arctic, but again it was a good idea to make this thread, perhaps it could be a weekly thing after events to have a feedback session in the public area - would definitely help to improve them :> and yeah lini we will definitely try that for the next event if we have enough clan members coming.  bounce
Awesome Very Happy
Also, how about hosting some not-so-serious events? I would LOVE to just gather and fool around. Something like melee soldiers only, sniper riflez only, etc. I'm sure other people would like to participate in something fun too.
Liniyka
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFox on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Thanks and i agree a weekly thing after events could help improve sessions and maybe give new ideas
ArcticFox
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFox on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:01 pm

!spin Very Happy
ArcticFox
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Yeah absolutely I'm for fun events, me and chiang are planning some FA events and even tournies as well. It's a great idea to mix things up! Very Happy

Consul
Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liniyka on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:09 pm

Nameless wrote:Yeah absolutely I'm for fun events, me and chiang are planning some FA events and even tournies as well. It's a great idea to mix things up! Very Happy
Oh boi, the hype is real! bounce
Liniyka
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiang the Strong on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:57 pm

Yeah the important thing is that everyone says in the right topic wether they are able to come or not. If we dont have ourselves organized as a clan then theres nothing to begin with. I think its only a matter of time though and it will be getting easier with every event as people get into the routine too. Also it'd be a good idea to expand our circle of clan friends who could join the event as probably each of us has at least one person that the rest is not acquainted with, so if every person invited someone else then the chance to organize a proper event would be greater. As for now I cant really actively participate in it as I cant use my PC but yeah.. Also its a matter of opinion but I think we should allow a longer time for an event as such to be organized, would assure that everything is in the right place. Also it'd be actually good if we discussed a proper time when at least most of us can take part in it. As for verbal communication - it would definitely increase teamwork efficiency but the truth is that we're just getting started with these spars and the scorea don't matter much for now unless we challenge another clan which is something Id like to see happen in the future :>.

Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azu Lampart on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:17 am

I actually liked the ten seconds I got from it.... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Azu Lampart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiang the Strong on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:23 am

Azu Lampart wrote:I actually liked the ten seconds I got from it.... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
I bet they were best 10secs of your life m8 xd

Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SLAP on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:00 pm

was it fun? next time ill be there Very Happy
SLAP
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehu05 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:39 pm

Ye Steam group Chat is good idea luna
Mehu05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azu Lampart on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:52 pm

Chiang the Strong wrote:
Azu Lampart wrote:I actually liked the ten seconds I got from it.... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
I bet they were best 10secs of your life m8 xd
Spot on, darling! lol!
Azu Lampart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFox on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:53 pm

hope the best `10 seconds of mine be having a drink and watching the world burn in flam-- i mean a nice quiet talk with family
ArcticFox
Quaestor
Quaestor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azu Lampart on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:00 pm

Not so white anymore, huh fox? You're dark.
Azu Lampart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiang the Strong on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:04 pm

Dark but arctic kek

Consul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content